The summer weather is coming, and that means one thing pest season is about to get worse! If you want to ensure your home is protected, follow these tips from Sprague Pest Control Solutions.
You can keep pests out of your house and protect yourself and your family from potential harm by taking a few simple steps.
Why Do Pests Start Invading Your Home When It’s Warm?
With the weather warming up, it would make sense for pests to stay outside where they can thrive uninhibited by humans or pest control measures. Despite that, pests are looking for any opportunity to get into your home where it’s cool and comfortable.
Many pests, such as cockroaches, ants, and rodents, are attracted to food sources and will enter your home searching for a meal. Others, like mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas, are looking for water sources and will use any puddle or standing water they can find to lay their eggs.
Their presence in your home is frustrating, but there are a few reasons why they chose to invade your home.
- First, pests are looking for food and water sources, and your home is full of both.
- Second, many pests are attracted to the light from your windows, so they see your home as a potential source of warmth and safety.
- Finally, some pests simply want to escape the heat and find a cool hiding place.
Whatever the reason, pests are attracted to your home for one reason or another, and it’s essential to take steps to prevent them from getting inside.
How Can You Keep Pests Out of Your Home?
Homeowners might believe they can call a pest control service and wait for the problem to disappear, but that’s not always the case. Instead, Sprague Pest Control Solutions recommends taking a proactive approach to keeping your home pest-free this season.
Often, pest control solutions work in tandem with exclusionary techniques to keep pests out of your home in the first place. For a pest control company to visit your property, there are several steps that you, the homeowner, can take to prevent pests from getting inside. Effective pest control only works when the homeowner and the pest control company communicate and coordinate to keep pests out.
Here are some tips on how you can keep pests out of your house:
- First, inspect the outside of your home for potential entry points and seal them off with caulk, weather stripping, or other materials.
- Keep food and water sources clean and sealed to prevent pests from being attracted to your home.
- Remove standing water from your property to eliminate potential breeding sites for mosquitoes and other pests.
- Trim back trees, bushes, and other vegetation to remove hiding spots for pests and make it more difficult for them to enter your home.
- Keep your gutters clean and free of debris to prevent pests from using them as a way to enter your home.
- Get an effective pest control product from the store to prevent pests from building up too quickly.
What Are Some Common Pests In Boise?
Different places have different pests, so it’s important to know what kinds of pests are common in your area. A few pests are more common in Boise than in others. Some of the most common pests include:
- Mosquitoes – As mentioned before, mosquitoes are attracted to standing water and use any puddle or puddles to lay their eggs. They can breed in as little as one inch of water, so removing any standing water around your property is essential.
- Ticks – Ticks are tiny, blood-sucking pests that are often found in tall grass or woods. They can attach themselves to humans or animals and feed on their blood. Check for them if you’ve been in an area with tall grass or woods.
- Fleas – Fleas are tiny, wingless pests that often live on animals but can also infest homes. They can jump long distances and are often brought into homes on pets.
- Cockroaches – prevalent in dirty areas, these pests are often found in kitchens and bathrooms. They can contaminate food and spread disease.
- Ants – One of the most common pests, ants, can be found in nearly every part of the world. They often build their nests near food sources and are attracted to sweet things.
- Rodents – Mice and rats are standard in many homes. They can contaminate food, spread disease, and cause damage to your home.
Each of these pests has its unique set of problems that they can cause, so it’s essential to be aware of them and take steps to prevent them from entering your home.
What Are the Dangers of Pests?
Pests are more than just a nuisance-they can also be dangerous to you and your family. Some pests, like rodents, can carry diseases that can be passed on to humans. Others, like cockroaches, can trigger asthma attacks in people allergic to them.
Some pests, like ticks, can also transmit diseases to you or your pets. Ticks are common in Boise and can carry Lyme disease, which can be debilitating if not treated properly. Other pests like termites and cockroaches can cause severe structural damage to your home if left unchecked.
It’s essential to be aware of the dangers that pests can pose to you and your family and take steps to prevent them from entering your home.
How Sprague Pest Control Solutions Can Help
Sprague Pest Control Solutions is here to help if you need assistance keeping your home pest-free this summer. We deliver an arsenal of practical, industry-leading pest control products that will keep your home free of pests all season.
We also offer various services to fit your needs, including one-time treatments, monthly service plans, and more. Sprague Pest Control Solutions is here to help you protect your home this summer, so give us a call today!